Razer Synapse 3 Support
What are the system requirements for Synapse 3.0?
Razer Synapse 3.0 requires the following:
- Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit / 64-bit
- Currently unavailable for MAC
- 500 MB of free hard disc space
- Valid e-mail, software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features and for software updates. After activation, full features will still be available even if you are not connected to the internet.
Synapse 3 is either crashing or not detecting my Razer device.
Check if your Razer device is supported by Synapse 3 (Click here for a list of supported devices). If the device is supported by Synapse 3, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your system has the latest Synapse 3 updates.
- Restart your PC.
- Ensure that the device is properly plugged in and connected directly to your PC.
- Check if the device is powered ON and is functioning as expected.
- If the device has issues powering on or doing its function, try plugging it on a different USB port.
- If the device is still not detected by Synapse 3 after verifying that it is powered on and working, connect it to a different PC with Synapse 3 installed.
- If the device is detected by Synapse 3 on the other PC, perform a clean reinstall of Synapse 3 on the PC where the device is previously connected.
How do I Check for Synapse 3 updates?
- Launch Razer Central. To do this:
- Expand the system tray by clicking the arrow found on the lower right side of your desktop.
- Click on “Check for Updates”.
- Synapse will check for updates. If there is a new update, click “UPDATE” to install.
I am unable to launch Razer Synapse 3.
How do I properly install Razer Synapse 3?
- Download the latest Synapse 3 installer.
- Run the installer as an administrator and proceed with the installation.
Why is Razer Synapse 3 in BETA?
Razer Synapse 3 will remain in beta while we continually gather feedback from the community about new feature sets and UI until we reach the final state. However, the software still goes through the same testing rigors as Synapse 2.0 and is not expected to be error-prone or act erratically. If you encounter any bugs with the software, report them using the Beta Feedback button on the dashboard or via customer support.
What products are supported by Razer Synapse 3?
Check the current list of Razer products supported on Razer Synapse 3.
Where can I download the beta version of Razer Synapse 3?
Download the beta version of Razer Synapse 3.
What is hybrid storage?
Hybrid storage is a new feature that is being introduced with Razer Synapse 3. It gives users the ability to store a select number of profiles from the cloud and onto the device's on-board memory. Hybrid storage is available only on devices with on-board memory.
Will my existing Razer product have hybrid storage functionality with Razer Synapse 3 Beta?
Only select devices that have onboard storage capabilities will be compatible with Razer Hybrid Storage. Check the device specs for hybrid storage function.
When will other devices be supported?
Select devices that supported Razer Synapse 2.0 were migrated to Synapse 3. However, not all devices were able to port over due to certain limitations and restrictions. Please check here for the current list of supported devices.
Do I need to restart my PC for every driver update?
No, you will not need to restart your PC for every driver update unless the update makes changes to the Windows Kernel.
Will I be able to use Razer Synapse 3 while there is a driver update?
Yes, the update manager of Razer Synapse 3 will not affect the usage of Razer Synapse 3 functionality.
What is Razer Central?
Razer Central is the single source for you to manage all your Razer applications and services. Razer Central is accessed from the taskbar of your Windows PC.
Will Synapse 3 work on Mac?
As of now, Razer Synapse 3 will only work on the PC.
Can I have two of the same products configured separately on Synapse 3?
No. If two of the same product is connected concurrently, Synapse 3 will only allow configuration for the first detected product.
Do I need internet access to use Razer Synapse 3?
You can use Razer Synapse 3 without any internet connectivity provided that you have a previous session that has been logged in with your Razer ID.
Will Razer stop supporting Razer Synapse 2.0?
No, Razer will still continue to support Razer Synapse 2.0 for the foreseeable future, but all new products will only be supported by Synapse 3.0.
Can I run Synapse 2.0 and 3 at the same time?
Yes, you can run Razer Synapse 2.0 and Razer Synapse 3 at the same time. However, it is recommended that you use only one at a time. If a device is supported by both applications, then it will only be visible on Razer Synapse 3.
Do I still get tournament drivers on Razer Synapse 3?
No, tournament edition drivers will not be available on Razer Synapse 3. This is because of the availability of on-board device storage and access to Razer Synapse without the need of an internet connection.
All stats displayed in my Razer Synapse are in inches and not in meters (or the other way around). How can I switch to metric/imperial system?
You can choose between Metric or Imperial measurement systems by going to the settings page (Gear icon at the top right of the Synapse window).
How can I change the email address I have associated with Razer Synapse?
You can change the email address by logging in to razerid.razer.com. Under the ACCOUNT tab, click on your email address to edit it as you prefer and then click "SAVE".
Will my existing Razer Synapse 2.0 profile work with Razer Synapse 3?
Synapse 2 profiles are not compatible with Synapse 3 and cannot be imported/exported.
Which Philips Hue devices will work and sync together with Razer Synapse 3 and the Razer Chroma integration?
- All Razer Synapse 3 enabled devices
- Philips Hue
- Philips Hue Go
- Philips Hue Light Strips
How many Philips Hue lights can I control with Razer Synapse 3?
Currently, there is a maximum of 10 Philips Hue Lights that can be controlled simultaneously by Razer Synapse 3.
Can Synapse control my Philips Hue lights without a Razer product?
You will need at least one Razer Chroma enabled Razer product to take advantage of the integration.
Can I select which Philips Hue lights to control in Razer Synapse?
Only lights placed under an "Entertainment Group" will be controlled by Razer Synapse.
If I have more than one of the same Razer device, can Razer Synapse configure all of them at the same time?
Unfortunately, Razer Synapse currently supports only one of the same type at any one time. This means you can have multiple mice (e.g. one Razer Naga and one Razer DeathAdder), but not multiple numbers of the same mouse (e.g. two Razer Naga Epic plugged in at the same time)
Why is my Synapse 2 product not going to be migrated to Synapse 3?
A few devices that were supported by Razer Synapse 2.0 were migrated to Synapse 3 in 2018. Unfortunately, not all devices were able to port over because of certain limitations and restrictions.
I get a "Network Not Available" error or "Error 3802" when I try to log in to Synapse 3.
This issue is typically due to something blocking Synapse 3 from communicating with our login servers. Check the following if you have this issue:
- If you have a firewall installed, make an exception in the firewall to allow Synapse 3 to communicate.
- Some school or work networks may block our software from communicating and you would need to contact your local system administrator to allow the communication.
- A VPN or Proxy setup on your computer can also cause this type of error.
If you have checked the above and are still getting the same error, it would be best to try and narrow down where the actual problem is occurring.
If possible, you may want to try another internet connection and/or another computer to see if you are having the same issues.
I was logged out of Synapse 3 when I logged out of Razer Cortex.
Since Razer Synapse 3 and Razer Cortex use the same account credentials, once you log out of one software, the other will require you to sign in again.
When using the Razer Atheris, why can’t I open Razer Synapse 3? It gives me "Failed to Start" error.
Make sure your Operating System and Razer Synapse 3 are up to date with all the latest updates.
- To obtain all the latest updates to Synapse 3, unplug any Razer peripherals from your system.
- Once your devices are unplugged, you should be able to open Razer Synapse 3 and you will be able to follow the steps below:
- If you are not able to open Razer Synapse 3, uninstall Synapse 3 from your system and reinstall the latest version of Synapse 3.
I cannot log in and reset my password in Razer Synapse.
This is mostly due to not clicking the link in the activation email if your account was created less than seven days ago. Double-check your spam or junk folder for the confirmation e-mail.
If the account is more than seven days, you will need to re-register and, this time, activate the account.
For more information, see Razer ID FAQs.
I've already updated my Razer apps but I still can’t see the Guest option
Try to restart the application twice to clear the login screen's cache. You’d be able to see the “Continue as Guest” button on its next launch and use Razer Synapse or Razer Cortex as a guest.
My Razer Chroma apps can't be turned on in Synapse.
To display the Chroma SDK effects on your Razer Chroma devices, please ensure that you have the latest MS Windows hotfix "Update for the Universal C Runtime in Windows" installed.
Click here and look for the update for your OS.
Last update: 19-Feb-2020