Razer Blade 15” Base (2020) | RZ09-0328x Support
At a Glance: Razer Blade 15" (2020) Base Model
We kept our award-winning world’s smallest 15-inch gaming laptop design as a foundation and took performance to the next level. This Razer Blade 15”...read more
Can I dual boot, partition, or otherwise modify the Razer Blade’s operating system?
The Razer Blade 15 is designed for compatibility with the as-shipped OS. Should you want to install or modify the OS, format the boot drive first then install your OS. Razer Warranty and Support is only available for the as-shipped OS.
In which regions will the Razer Blade 15" (2020) - Base be available?
The Razer Blade 15" Base (2020) | RZ09-0328x will be available in the USA, Canada, Europe, China, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. The Razer Blade 15 with OLED 4K NT Mercury variant will only be available in the USA and Canada.
How do I defrag the SSD on the Razer Blade 15?
Solid State Drives cannot be defragmented. Unlike Hard Disk drives that use a physical magnetic disk to write and read data, SSDs can read blocks of data that are spread out over the drive just as fast as they can read those blocks that are adjacent to one another. There is no need to defrag an SSD Drive.
What are the details of the OLED 4K display option?
The Razer Blade 15 Base Model features an available 4K OLED Non-Touch display that includes up to 100% DCI-P3 colors, an ultra-fast 1ms response team, wide viewing angles, and a refresh rate of 60Hz. The Advanced Model includes an available touch display.
How do I upgrade the memory, SSD, HDD or hard drive on my Razer Blade 15?
Not all Razer Blade 15 models can be upgraded. Check the technical specifications of your Razer Blade model on its upgradability. Detailed steps on how to upgrade components are not available. Instructions from other sources may be available but we can not be responsible for their content.
Note: Any damage or issues caused during installation or as a result of incompatible parts being used is not covered under the warranty, and may void the warranty coverage. Razer will not be liable for any warranty coverage on any third-party part you may install and we cannot guarantee compatibility or performance of any third-party parts.
Can I custom overclock my Razer Blade 15?
Razer laptops are carefully crafted, and its components are tuned to give the best performance under the most demanding gaming conditions. We do not recommend overclocking your CPU, GPU, and/or RAM as these alter the delicate balance of performance and reliability of the system. There is an associated risk of damage to crucial components if unauthorized changes are made, which will result in voiding the manufacturer’s warranty.
BIOS error message during installation
When downloading the proper BIOS firmware updater for your Razer Blade laptops, you may run into the following issue when installing: "This firmware tool is for use only with Blade and compatible systems. This application will now close."
The issue is related to the product code of some devices, found in the BIOS. The firmware is correct, but may not install because the product code embedded in the BIOS does not match the firmware updater.
This is because the firmware houses a list of applicable product codes so that it knows which units to allow itself to install on. If the product code in the BIOS of the laptop does not match that of the updater's list of approved devices, it will return an error to the user.
Display error on Razer laptops when using GPU-intensive programs or games
If you experience image issues or the display driver stops working when playing GPU-intensive applications, programs or games, follow the steps below to resolve the problem:
- Restart the device and test if the issue is still present after the reboot.
- Ensure that you have updated to the latest version of Windows.
- Make sure your graphics driver is up to date:
- Intel Graphics driver for Blade Stealth
- NVIDIA Graphics driver for Blade Stealth, Blade and Blade Pro
Note: Choose the appropriate graphics card for your Razer Blade 15 model.
- Check if the issue persists on all games or on a specific game.
- If the issue only occurs on a certain application or game, the issue may be caused by the game itself.
- Make sure the device specifications fit the system requirements of the game or application.
- Attempt to reinstall the game or application.
- If the issue persists, check if this is a common issue with other owners of the same game or application to see if a fix is available on their end.
- Restart the device and test if the issue is still present after the reboot.
- Adjust your screen resolution to match the screen resolution of the game or application.
- If the issue is still present, attempt to reinstall the updated graphics driver and test the device again to eliminate the possibility of a corrupt installation.
- If the steps above did not resolve the issue attempt to perform a system recovery or factory reset.
What should I do to maintain the power adapter’s good condition and extend its life span?
To keep your power adapter in good condition and extend its life span, check this guide.
Updating Microsoft OS
It is important to keep your Microsoft OS updated to ensure that you can receive the latest software updates for your system.
Follow the steps below to check for updates on your Windows 10 Razer Blade.
- Click the "Start" button, and then go to "Settings".
- Select "Update & Security".
- Select "Windows Update", and click "Check for updates".
Your system should automatically prompt you of any missing update or if the device is currently up to date.
For more information, see the Microsoft Windows support.
Where can I find the latest drivers for my Razer Blade 15?
To enhance the user experience, drivers for your Razer laptop are available through Windows Updates. Simply navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select “Check for updates” to ensure that you have the latest drivers installed on your Razer Blade laptop.
Where can I get information on MS Windows update and end-of-support info?
All our Razer Blade models operate using Windows operating systems. Any updates, upgrades, and changes to Windows servicing and support come directly from Microsoft Corporation.
Will I overcharge my battery if I leave it plugged in even when it is at 100%?
The Razer Blade series uses a lithium-ion (Li-On) polymer battery. Though this is not exactly a Windows feature, overcharging Li-ion batteries is not a problem and does not affect the battery life span. The Blade laptops have an internal circuit to stop charging at full charge to avoid overcharging and will only start recharging when the battery hits 95%.
How can I extend the battery life of my Razer Blade when on-the-go?
Most of the battery improvement options are part of the Windows OS. Follow the following tips below to extend the battery life of your Razer Blade when on-the-go:
- Temporarily turn off the keyboard backlighting
- Try dimming the screen brightness
- Check the “Battery Saver” settings for the most effective means of conserving battery when on-the-go.
- The battery life may be extended further by turning down the display brightness, adjusting the power settings in Windows Setting > System > Battery and adjust the power configuration to your liking.
- Changing the performance mode in Synapse 3
- Close applications when not in use.
- Dim or turn off the keyboard lighting.
Can I use third-party power adapters with the Razer Blade?
We only recommend using Razer power supplies with the Razer Blade. Third-party adapters have not been tested to meet our standards and may lead to damage to the System. You can purchase replacement or spare 200 W AC adapters from the RazerStore.
Last update: 14-May-2020
Other Helpful Links
Protect your Razer product todayTake advantage of our RazerCare Protection Plans >
Need to replace your lost or damaged parts?Visit the RazerCare Store today >