Razer Thresher for PS4 Support
What is the difference between the Razer Thresher, Razer Thresher Ultimate, and Razer Thresher 7.1?
Thresher for PS4 is a stereo headset with analog jack, while the Thresher Ultimate and 7.1 has Dolby virtual surround, but without an analog jack.
If I connect the Razer Thresher for PS4 via the USB dongle, will the volume control still work?
No, only the controller on the 3.5mm cable can control the volume.
How do I connect the Razer Thresher for PS4 and the USB Controller to my PC or PS4?
The following are ways to connect the Thresher for PS4:
- Connect headset to PC via 3.5mm audio cable with in-line controls.
- Connect headset to PS4 via 3.5mm audio cable with in-line controls.
- Connect USB Wireless dongle to PS4, connect wirelessly to a headset.
- Connect USB Wireless dongle to PC, connect wirelessly to a headset.
Are my headset and USB wireless dongle pre-paired?
Yes. They are pre-paired out-of-box for your convenience to use them right away. Simply turn on both devices and they will be connected automatically.
Does my Razer Thresher for PS4 come with 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound?
No, the Razer Thresher for PS4 is a stereo headset.
How do I clean my Razer Thresher for PS4 headset?
We cannot say with certainty what type of dirt and debris may be on your product, or how certain cleaning products may react with it, but we have had good luck cleaning Razer products using commonly available monitor cleaning wipes.
- To clean the body of your Razer headset, gently wipe it with a monitor wipe.
- Do not scrub the surface of your Razer headset.
- When cleaning the earpads, make sure that the earcup and speaker do not get wet, as this can cause damage to your headset.
Why am I unable to hear my game audio on PS4?
You might have configured the PS4 settings incorrectly. Simply follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices.
- Ensure "Razer Thresher for PS4" is selected as the Input Device and Output Device.
- On the output to headphones, select “Chat Audio”.
My Razer Thresher headset does not seem to connect with the USB Wireless Dongle even though the LED is blinking. Why?
Press and hold the headset power button until you hear the ON tone and the LED indicator is lit, Keep the devices within proximity of each other for a faster and more stable connection. The notification LED will turn to static blue when connected to the USB wireless dongle.
Last update: 06-Dec-2019
Other Helpful Links
Protect your Razer product todayTake advantage of our RazerCare Protection Plans >
Need to replace your lost or damaged parts?Visit the RazerCare Store today >