Razer Kraken 2019 Support
What is the difference between the Razer Kraken Pro V2 and the new Razer Kraken 2019?
The new Razer Kraken 2019 inherits all the advantages of the Kraken Pro V2 with some upgrades:
- Improved retractable microphone with less noise pickup for clearer communication
- Oval cooling gel-infused ear cushions to reduce heat build-up
- Thicker padding with Bauxite aluminum frame for extended durability
What are the "Cooling Gel Cushions" used on the Razer Kraken 2019 and the Kraken TE?
These are unique features of the new Cooling Gel Cushions used on the Razer Kraken 2019.
- Cooling Gel Layer to reduce heat build-up.
- Hidden Indented Eyewear Channels that provide eyewear relief.
- Soft Memory Foam for a comfortable fit.
- Leatherette Rims which improves sound isolation.
- Heat Transfer Fabric for faster sweat evaporation.
How do I connect the Razer Kraken 2019 headset to my desktop or laptop computer?
The Razer Kraken 2019 headset can be used with most devices that have a 3.5mm jack. For PCs equipped with separate jacks for audio output and microphone input, the included 3.5mm splitter extension cable can be used as in the illustration below:
Where can I find the serial number on my Razer Kraken 2019 headset?
The serial number can be found underneath the left earcup cushion. Carefully remove the cushion as illustrated below:
Will the Razer Kraken 2019 be available in different colors?
Yes. The Razer Kraken is available in Black, Green, and Quartz.
I have no audio when using the Razer Kraken 2019 headset. How can I fix this?
Here are a few suggestions that may help:
- Make sure the in-line volume control is turned up. Rotate the volume wheel on the in-line control to increase the volume.
- Check that the correct playback device is selected under Control Panel > Sound > Playback. Select the correct device, right-click, and select "Set as Default Device".
- Check the computer volume levels and make sure it is not muted or turned all the way down.
I cannot hear game audio when using the Razer Kraken 2019 headset on a PS4 or Xbox One. How do I fix this?
When using any 3.5mm headset with a gaming console (ex. PS4, Xbox One, and the like) the game/chat balance or mixer, is controlled by the console. Some controllers have the game/chat mixer and volume controls built-in. In this case, these levels can be modified via the controller. You may refer to your PS4 or Xbox One manuals.
How do I clean my Razer Kraken 2019 headset?
We cannot say with certainty what type of dirt and debris may be on your product, or how certain cleaning products may react with it, but we have had good luck cleaning Razer products using commonly available monitor cleaning wipes. To clean the body of your Razer Kraken 2019 headset, take a monitor wipe and use gentle wiping motions. Do not scrub the surface of your Razer headset.
When cleaning the earpads on your headset, take extra care to not get any liquids inside the earcup and onto the speaker itself, as this may damage your headset.
Last update: 28-Oct-2019