Before proceeding to the troubleshooting steps, be sure that the Razer Phone is up to date. Navigate to Settings > System > Advanced > System update > Check for update.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this problem.
Note: There is more than one microphone on Razer Phones. The top microphone on the Razer Phone and Phone 2 is only used for noise canceling during voice calls.
Follow the steps outlined below to help fix the issue:
- Ensure that you are not connected to any external audio device (either via 3.5mm adapter DAC, USB-C connector or Bluetooth).
- Perform a hard reset to clear the phone of any glitches and errors.
- If the issue persists, boot to safe mode to isolate the possibility of 3rd-party apps causing the issue.
- Test the phone by making a call or recording an audio clip.
- If the mic is still not working properly, backup your phone data and perform a factory data reset.
Last update: 18-Dec-2019