The Razer Phone 2 is equipped with LCIs (Liquid Damage Indicators) that can show if the phone has been in contact with water or other liquids. Once the LCI has been exposed to water or other liquids it will quickly change color from white to Red. The LCI will only change color if exposed to a liquid and will not be affected by high humidity or other environmental factors.
The Razer Phone's LCI can be checked by opening the SIM tray, while the internal LCIs can only be checked by a qualified repair center technician.
Below are the steps on how to check the LCI that is located inside the SIM tray of the Razer Phone 2.
- Insert your SIM eject pin to remove the SIM tray.
- Use a magnifying glass with the help of a portable light when looking inside the SIM tray.
- You will notice a round dot that will either be white or red.
- White - the phone has not been exposed to liquids.
- Red - the phone has been exposed to a liquid.
Note: Internal LCIs may indicate water damage that is not reflected by the one shown above. Liquid damage is not covered by Razer's Limited Warranty.
Last update: 17-Dec-2019