There may be instances when there is no sound coming out of your headphones. This may be due to either a Bluetooth connection failure if you're using wireless headphones or a defective headset. It could also be a software issue.
The troubleshooting steps below will depend on what type of headphones are connected to your phone.
Note: Before proceeding to the troubleshooting steps, be sure that the Razer Phone is up to date. Navigate to Settings > System > Advanced > System update > Check for update.
Connection via Bluetooth
- Ensure that both the Bluetooth device and the Razer Phone have enough power.
- Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled and properly paired to your Bluetooth headphones.
- If the device fails to pair, test the Bluetooth device on a separate Bluetooth-enabled device to test if the Bluetooth device is defective.
- If the issue persists and you have verified that the Bluetooth device is working fine, forget the paired connection from the Razer Phone and perform a hard reset.
- After rebooting the phone, pair the Bluetooth device to the Razer Phone and test it again.
- If the issue persists, back up your files and perform a factory reset.
Connection via USB-C or 3.5 mm Analog Port Adapter
- Make sure that the audio settings are correct, and the device is not muted. Check if the “Media” slider is at its maximum for testing.
- Ensure that you are not connected to any Bluetooth-enabled audio device. Android disables the analog jack when a Bluetooth device is enabled.
- Perform a hard reset.
- After rebooting, test the device by playing any music or video.
- If the issue persists, test the headset you are using on the Razer Phone on a different smartphone or computer to isolate if the headset is defective.
- If you have confirmed that the headset is functional, it is possible that the adapter might be defective. Try connecting the Razer Phone to a Bluetooth-enabled audio device to see if the Razer Phone is defective.
- Test the device by playing any music or video.
- If the issue persists, back up your files and perform a factory reset on your Razer Phone.
Last update: 02-Mar-2020