A rise in temperature is normal on smartphones. They are designed to handle a certain level of high temperatures. Usually, a smartphone reaching temperatures of up to 32-40°C is completely normal.
Remember that the longer you use the phone the more you will notice a rise in temperature, especially when you are running demanding apps or games.
If your phone is often heating up to the point where it is unpleasant to hold, it might have some serious issues.
Follow the steps below to help stabilize the Razer Phone’s temperature to the optimal level:
- Remove a Razer Phone case if there is any.
- Turn on “Airplane mode” to quickly disable Bluetooth, WiFi, and cellular signal search. To do this, follow these steps:
- Make the notification tray appear by swiping down on the home screen.
- Tap “Airplane mode” to enable.
- Tap the recent apps icon on the lower right of the screen.
- Tap “CLEAR ALL” to clear apps that are running in the background.
- If the temperature does not drop to the optimal level, restart the Razer Phone. If restarting the phone did not help, proceed to the next step.
- Install antivirus software from the Play Store to detect and remove malware or virus infection. A phone getting too hot can be a sign of a malware or virus infection.
Note: Malware can cause the phone to overheat by consuming lots of its RAM and CPU power.
- If the issue persists, check and perform a system update.
Last update: 18-Dec-2019